12.19.2011

Motivational Monday 1: Don't Quit

One of my favorite authors Zig Ziglar once wrote, "People often say motivation doesn't last. Well neither does bathing, that's why we recommend it daily." This makes me smile everytime I hear or read it, because it is simple, but so true.

Any goal that you have set for yourself requires motivation. Motivation is what drives you to get up in the morning and take action. Motivation is what pushes you when others don't believe you can. Motivation is the key component that determines if you succeed or quit.

Every Monday this blog will feature a picture, quote, story, or video that will inspire and motivate you to make Monday your new favorite day of the week -- at least when it comes to fitness :)

TODAY'S FEATURED MOTIVATOR:



I saw this image a few weeks ago and fell in love. The words are basic and so powerful - DON'T QUIT. And then what makes the image speak to me even more is the bold red letters that read: DO IT.
Alone that is a perfect message that you can apply to any aspect in your life, but especially to fitness. Our lives are busy, this is known. There are literally hundreds of reasons that we can use for why we do not have time to workout or why we cannot do a certain exercise. Just do not quit. Do it. Over and over again; and before long... you will be able to do it perfectly and working out will be embedded in your lifestyle.

A perfect example for me is push-ups. I hate push-ups. I do them only because I know they are an excellent workout for your arms and shoulders. I had a 6am workout this morning with my favorite personal trainer, Rivers (my husband).  While doing an upper body workout of push ups, Rivers challenged me to go down lower on my push-up, in frustration I spoke the Forbidden Words: "I can't."

He looked at me and said, "Yes, you can. I don't want to hear can't. Just do it." And so I shut up and did them. For that reason I knew today was the perfect Monday to share the above image. And we definitely do not want to ignore the sentence in smaller print. "Every difficulty is an opportunity in disguise."

Be willing to challenge yourself, and go the extra mile. Go down a little bit lower in your push-ups, run just a bit further, push yourself a little more each day and you will be amazing. And if you cannot challenge yourself, find someone that will. Motivation from others is just as important as self-motivation.

Have a great Monday!!


In Health,
~ Q. Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment