5.07.2012

Motivation Monday 14: Joshua Sundquist



I came across this photos months ago, and my jaw dropped. I saved the photo to my computer and open the file every week or so.

This young man is Joshua Sundquist.

His image has been my motivation on days when I want to complain; not just about working out, but about my attitude, my job, my silly problems that I consider "life-changing."

When Josh was nine years old he was diagnosed with a rare form of bone cancer and given a fifty percent chance to live. After a year undergoing chemotherapy treatments, his left leg was amputated. At 13, he was declared cured and began his career of ski racing three years later. In 2006 he was named to the US Paralympian Ski Team. He also won the Body For Life fitness challenge in 2006

Josh is an author, speaker, and athlete. He is an inspiration to so many amputees, and an excuse remover for those of us who are not.

For that reason, and many more, he is this week's Monday Motivator. Check out his website: Josh Sundquist; be inspired and motivated to change your life.



In Health,
~ Q. Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment