2.06.2012

Motivation Monday 7: Run Like You Stole Something



One of my biggest motivations is driving around my neighborhood and seeing men and women aged 50+ who are out and about, not walking, but running... for miles. And I think, they can do it, I can do it.
And the same is true for you.

Some people see others who are fit and they begin comparing themselves to others or become angry with themselves. They make excuses for why they can't or won't workout and eat healthy.
But instead of making excuses, use those as a reason.

I chose the above picture because thinking about it motivates me when I am running. Running is not necessarily on my top 5 favorite workouts; but I still do it because I know the benefits. And not just running. There are plenty of exercises I would rather not do (push-ups, pull-ups, etc.), but I know the benefits of doing them and what they can do to improve my body and my strength.


My new Reebok runners
One thing that motivates me like no other is getting a brand new pair of shoes. They do not have to be name brand or expensive; just make sure they have support. A new pair of running shoes makes me want to get out and use them (especially if I did invest a nice sum of money).

A second way to motivate me to run is to start slow; I am not racing against anyone except myself. I do not have to run a marathon every time I go for a job. Set a goal in the beginning and push yourself further each time. You will be 5K, 10K, Half, and Marathon ready before you know it... if that is one of your goals.

Third, have an awesome play list on your music player or run somewhere that is relaxing. I love fast, upbeat music. It is simply awesome. But every now and then, I like to run with no music and just hear the sound of nature, particularly if I am running through a park or near a lake.

Additionally, create a mantra for your fitness goals, read it daily, and reward yourself for your hard work.
Fitness is not just about action. It is about a thought process. Running is the same way. It is a mental activity and the more you think about it in a positive way; the faster and longer you will run. Pushing yourself mentally is what a fit lifestyle is all out; Taking it to another level and never settling for mediocrity.

So as the motivational poster above says, "Run like you stole something." Better yet, run like your life (your health) depends on it... because maybe one day it will ;)


In Health,
~ Q. Olivia


No comments:

Post a Comment