11.26.2013

Tasty Tuesdays: Spicy Shrimp + Brown Rice Stew

So I posted a picture of my dinner from last week and I got several requests for the recipe. As most of you know, I am new in the kitchen since I have started training, so I do not claim to be a chef by any means. I only know what I like and make attempts to serve myself a healthy creation.

Due to this fact, I am also not one to have an actual recipe, I just go with the flow and make enough for my husband and me... so please excuse the lack of correct measurements.

Make to your liking. I hope you enjoy my Spicy Shrimp & Rice Stew!














INGREDIENTS

  • 2 Bullion Cubes (Chicken)
  • 2 Cups of Water
1. Make the broth by simply boiling the 2 cups of water and dropping in the the two bullion cubes (one cube for each cup of water used)

  • 1/2 teaspoon of Crushed Red Pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon of Black Pepper
  • 1 lb of Shrimp
  • EVOO
1. Season the shrimp with the pepper blend. Sauté the shrimp in a skillet with vegetables of your choice. I used:
  • Half of a Red Bell Pepper (diced)
  • 1 Serrano Pepper (sliced)
  • 1 Can of Spicy Diced Tomatoes
  • 1 cup of Dice Onions

Mix all ingredients from the shrimp mixture into the chicken broth. Simmer and serve over brown rice.

Bon Appétit,
~ Q. Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment