12.18.2012

Tasty Tuesday: Turkey Meatloaf Muffins

As everyone knows, reaching your fitness goals is mathematically broken down as 20% in the gym and 80% in the kitchen. We have heard many fitness models and spokesmen say, "Your abs are made in the kitchen."

To honor that important aspect of fitness, I will incorporate a Tasty Tuesday in this week's blogging. For those who know me personally, or even impersonally, you probably know that I do not like to cook. It is not one of those activities that I would put on my top 50 things to do for fun. Thank goodness I was blessed with a husband who loves to cook, and enjoys cooking for me.

So for this week, I will feature a delicious and easy recipe that is clean, quick, and can last you all week when you need to grab something on the go. I present to you: Turkey Meatloaf Muffins.

These little guys are perfect for when you are in a rush running out of the door, OR you simply need a snack to curb your appetite in between your meals. Since they are filled with protein, a snack pack of vegetables would be a nice complement to the turkey muffins.


INGREDIENTS
  • 2lbs ground turkey
  • 3 egg whites
  • 1 cup cooking oats
  • 1/2 tsp ground cumin
  • 1/2 tsp dried thyme
  • 2 tsp dry yellow mustard
  • 2 tsp black pepper
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 Tbsp garlic powder
  • 1 small onion
  • 2 celery stalks






DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Spray muffin pan with olive oil or use cupcake liners
3. Mix all ingredients together in one large bowl
4. Roll the mixture into balls and place in the muffin pan
5. Bake for 40 minutes

Makes 12 muffins

Serving Size ~ Women: 2 muffins, Men: 4 muffins

Calories: 182
Total Fat: 8g
Total Carb: 4.6g
Protein: 22.2g











Bon Appetit,
~ Q. Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment